It’s a great dance to develop a Man's ability to lead in any dance as it is also for the woman to let-go and be led or to follow!
Suggested Music For the Tango:
- El Choclo - Danny Malando
- T.T. Tango (From Shall We dance) - Tangozo
- Libertango - Gianni Pavesi
and conversational ability at the same time. The dance is good for developing “smoothness”
and “ease of movement”
Suggested music for the Slow Foxtrot
- At Last - Ray Anthony
- Capone - Ian Lumley
- Wade In the Water - Eva Cassidy
1600s as a round dance called the Volte. It arrived in America and subsequently in the UK
around the 1800s and was the first social dance in which the woman was actually held in
a man's arms. The Waltz develops graceful movements and poise. The music itself has a
very melodic feel and is romantic.
Suggested music for the Waltz:
- Three Times A Lady - The Commodores
- Moon River - Various Artists
- You Light Up My Life - Tony Evans
Caribbean and African dancers and was later developed in the 20s. With its
Charleston ingredient, the movement of the dance is fast and powerfully flowing and
sprinkled with syncopations and is a firm favourite with dancers all over the world.
you are just beginning or are an accomplished dancer.
Suggested music for the Quickstep:
- Show Me The Way to Burlesque - Christina Aquilera
- Swing With Me - Jessica Simpson
- Puttin' On the Ritz - Various Artists
music from Germany or Austria and in particular Strauss. It is a rotary dance where
couples are constantly turning right and then coupled with changes in direction. This dance is a beautiful melodic dance.
Suggested music for the Viennese Waltz:
- That’s Amore - Dean Martin
- The Blue Danube - Various Artists
- The Second Waltz - Andre Rieu
Typical music for the… Cha Cha Cha
- Sway - Michael Buble
- Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke
- Lets Get Loud - Jennifer Lopez
Typical music for the Rumba:
- Besame Mucho - Various Artists
- This Is It - Michael Jackson
- Songbird - Eva Cassidy
It comes from Brazil and has its roots in late 1920's street festival dancing.
It will not only keep you fit once you’ve mastered a few simple steps, you will also, ladies,… get your partner's blood racing too!
Typical music for the Samba:
- Brazil - Emundo Ros
- Iko Iko - KonKoba
- La Macura - The Mavericks
It is danced to the typical music that one would hear at the bullfights. It is a lively dance full of passion and represents the Matador (the man) dancing with his Cape (the women).
Typical music for the Pasodoble
- Spanish Gypsy Dance - Various Artists
- Pirates Of The Carribean Theme
- Espani Cani - Various Artists
Fast and full of steps and twists.
This dance has many elements of other similar dances such as East Coast Swing, Jitterbug and Lindy.
Typical music for the Jive:
- In The Mood - Glenn Miller
- Dance With Me Tonight - Olly Murs
- Mayhem - Imelda May
Ever seen Dirty Dancing? Jenifer Grey and Patrick Swayze steppin' it out? This is the Mambo!
Typical music for the Mambo:
- Johnnys Mambo From Dirty Dancing
- Tu Vuo Fa Americano - Gigi Mambo
- Mambo No 5 - Lou Bega
Its point of origin is uncertain; both Haiti and the Dominican Republic lay claim to it, as it contains elements of both cultures.
Typical music for the Merengue:
- Merengue - Michael Lloyd
- Mama No Quiero El Negro - Various Artists
It’s a great Friday night stress relief and welcome weekend starter.
Typical music for the Salsa:
- Salsa Salsa - Caliente
- Ese Atrivimento Salsa - Caliente
- Hot Hot Hot - Arrow
If you've never danced before and are looking to learn something that can get you around a dance floor within just a few lessons, this is the one for you! And by the way, guys… this is where you get to WOW your woman and show off your “machismo!
Typical music for the Argentine Tango:
- Santa Maria - Tango Project
- La Ultima Copa - Various Artists
- La Camparsita - Various Artists
dances. At first the step started off with a simple twisting of the feet, in a lazy sort of way.
kicking step, kicking the feet both forward and back, and later done with a tap.